Jobcentre Plus is an executive agency of the Department for Work and Pensions. It provides services that support people of working age from welfare into work, and helps employers to fill their vacancies.
Jobcentre Plus can help you as a social care employer in a number of ways including:
- Advertise your vacancy for free
- Sift candidates prior to your short listing (ensuring only people truly interested in the job are passed to you)
- Support you through the recruitment process
- Advise you on a number of financial incentives open to you when recruiting someone who is unemployed
- Advise you on practical incentives when recruiting someone who is unemployed such as work trials or apprenticeships
For further information on what services you can receive from Jobcentre plus please visit www.direct.gov.uk
or telephone your local Jobcentre plus office.
Wage incentives could be yours when you take on an unemployed 18 to 24 year old and are available through Jobcentre Plus across England, Scotland and Wales.
Claim a cash incentive and make a difference to youth unemployment
They are also available if you take on a young person from the Work Programme, delivered by the private, public and voluntary sector to help individuals at risk of becoming long-term unemployed find work.
In addition, wage incentives are available for taking on a young disabled person from the Work Choice programme.
Please click here for more information
Due to the public sector spending review all Job Centre Plus initiatives are currently on hold including the care sector initiative "Care First Careers". You can still contact your local Job Centre Plus branch for assistance with recruitment. Any new initiatives will be publicised widely in our regular newsletter and here on our website.